We take the security and privacy of our customers extremely seriously and this policy sets out how we handle information about you and your rights in respect of that information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD AND HOW DO WE OBTAIN IT?
Generally we receive information directly from you when you place an order with us to buy our goods. Such information includes your name, address, telephone number and credit card details. You may also provide your email address if you sign up to our loyalty programme or if you wish to be notified from time to time about our future goods and services.
For our customers' protection, we always check a certain percentage of our orders at random to confirm the details of the order match those of the cardholder on file. For this reason, we may ask you for some additional information. This would be a copy of the front and back of the card used to make the purchase, or a copy of a photo ID such as a valid driver’s license or passport. We will also require some proof of address along with the copy of the photo ID.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information for a number of purposes including:
• To perform our contractual obligations to you and to ensure that goods are supplied to you as efficiently as possible
• For other non-contractual reasons.
SUPPLYING GOODS TO YOU
We may use your information:
• To identify and maintain records of your purchases with us
• To ensure that the goods and services we offer to you are appropriate for your needs
• To respond to any query you may raise with us about our goods
• To update our systems for providing you with an enhanced service
• Other purposes We will also use information about you for purposes upon which the provision of our goods and services are not necessarily dependent.
• Disclose information about you to third party agencies for credit checking purposes (which information may be shared with other organisations for the same purpose)
• Use information about you to inform you (by email) about other services we offer or which are offered by other companies within our group or any of the other companies with which we work
• Use information about your account with us for our internal customer service monitoring and training purposes
The internet is a global network, so it is possible for your data to travel internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. If you visit or shop at chateauxdechez.com, you're agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
You acknowledge that data you provide to us may be transferred to any person, firm or company to whom we sell the whole or a substantial part of our business or to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under a contract with you.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR DATA
We will endeavour to keep any information, which we hold, about you up to date and accurate. To help us to do this, please keep us informed if any of your details change. We will endeavour to protect your data against unauthorised use.
RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. You can obtain access to your personal information held by us by putting your request in writing and sending a cheque for £10 (to cover administration costs for collating this information), made payable to Chateaux De Chez Ltd. and send to our registered correspondence address. If you have any questions about our Data Protection Policy please write to our Data Protection Officer or e-mail us at email@example.com
By submitting your email address to one of the forms which can be found throughout our website, you are agreeing to receive a newsletter and/or email marketing campaigns from us, which you can easily opt out from at any time. By registering for a Chateaux De Chez account, you will also be subscribed to our mailing list.
WHAT TYPE OF EMAIL WILL I RECEIVE?
On a weekly basis, you may receive an email containing exclusive offers, useful tips and our personal pick of the latest children’s fashions.
WHO WILL I RECEIVE EMAIL FROM?
You will only ever receive emails from Chateaux De Chez. We never share your information with third parties, so you can rest assured that you won't be receiving any spam. At any time, you can tell us that you do not want us to use your details for the purposes of marketing.
You can opt-out from all future communications from Chateaux De Chez by using the unsubscribe link from any of our email communications, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: Chateaux De Chez Marketing Department, Unit 2 Block B, Kelburn Business Park, Port Glasgow, Renfrewshire, Scotland, PA14 6BL.